- Can I see my accounts on-line?
Yes, through the Tactical Wealth Management web site’s Account View tab you log directly into LPL Financial to view all of your accounts, see latest activity, balances, transactions.
- How often do I get statements?
If there is any activity in your account you will receive a monthly statement. If there is no activity you will receive a quarterly statement.
- Can I go paperless?
Yes, you can request to have your paper copies of statements terminated and view everything on-line.
- I want to make a deposit. Who do I make the check out to?
Mail or bring a check into our office, made out to LPL Financial, and we will deposit it into your account the same day. Please do not make checks out to Tactical Wealth Management.
- I am confused as to whether it is Tactical Wealth Management or LPL Financial which holds my assets.
All assets are held by LPL Financial, the custodial party.
- Can I have a checking account?
Yes, we can set up a checking account as well as check writing services with a Visa/Debit card.
- I am over 70 1/2 years old and know I need to take Required Minimum Distributions. How do I know what that amount is?
We calculate what distributions you are required to take and you choose if you want a check mailed to you or have the funds deposited into another account.
- What is a Fiduciary?
A fiduciary is required by law to put a client’s interests first. A certain investment might be ’suitable’ based on your risk tolerance profile, but not necessarily in your best interest. It is the highest degree of care.
- What is the difference between a Brokerage account and an Advisory account?
In a brokerage account the client pays per transaction, for example for a stock trade. In an advisory account, also referred to as fee-based, you pay a percentage of your assets and not per transaction.
- I see that Kevin holds Securities Series 7, 24 and 66 registrations. What does that mean?
Holding a Series 24 license means the holder can supervise and manage a branch office. That requires passing a Series 7 exam first, which entitles the holder to sell all types of securities products. Topics covered in the exam are things such as retirement plans, investment risk, equity and debt instruments, trading regulations and more. The Series 66 license, the Uniform Combined State Law, applies to states and qualifies the holder to register as an Investment Advisor Representative.
- I also see that Kevin is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNINGTM professional and a Chartered Retirement CounselorSM. Why is that important?
The stated mission of the organization (CFP Board of Standards) that issues the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNINGTM designation is to uphold its recognition of the standard of excellence for competent and ethical financial planning. As a Chartered Retirement CounselorSM Kevin has the expertise and training to help you focus on your pre-and post retirement needs. These certifications, which require regular course work to hold, demonstrate a commitment to continuing education that benefits clients in this ever-changing, complex, financial world.